Survivors of Abuse Recovering is a community-based peer counselling service for adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse in West Hants, Kings & Annapolis Counties (Nova Scotia, Canada)
To have S.O.A.R. speak to your group or for further information on S.O.A.R, use the contact information here.
View/Download our Rack Card for more info.
Watch our videos where S.O.A.R. members describe how S.O.A.R. started, what it does, and how peer counselling helps survivors heal and grow.
- If you need help immediately, call 911 or go to your nearest emergency department.
- If you are in Nova Scotia, you can access the 24 hour mental health crisis response line at 1-888-429-8167.
Note new contact number for all Annapolis Valley NSHA MH&A services:
Mental Health and Addictions, NSHA, Annapolis Valley
- Please call 1-855-273-7110, Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30 (excluding holidays) to access any service at any Valley site (Kings and Annapolis Counties)
- If you are in crisis say “I am in crisis” and ask for Crisis Response when you call. A crisis is an emergency that threatens your immediate physical, emotional or mental health. Find out more at http://www.avdha.nshealth.ca/
mental-health-addiction- services/get-help/im-crisis After hours go to emergency, call 911 or the 24hr Mental Health Crisis Line above.
- Visit www.gethelpnow.ca for more information.
Mental Health Services, West Hants
(902) 792-2042 Emergency