https://www.malesurvivor.org: Male Survivor is committed to preventing, healing, and eliminating all forms of sexual victimization of boys and men through support, treatment, research, education, advocacy, and activism.
The 2014 Male Survivor Conference was held at the Marriott at Newark Airport, New Jersey, Oct 31 to Nov 2. This was a transformative experience. All were welcome: male and female survivors, partners, researchers, therapists, policy makers, first responders, etc.
Conference Theme: EVOLUTION: FROM HURTING TO HEALING
Join over 400 survivors and professionals from a wide range of disciplines this fall in the New York City area as we convene once more to share our knowledge, experiences, and compassion for one another
The effects of sexual abuse for boys and men are painful, confusing and complex. These same words frequently describe the healing process as well. An important addition to the healing process is hope. We encourage survivors, mental health professionals, researchers, academicians and others to join us for workshops, presentations, and discussions on these topics and more:
- International and national work with refugees, the trafficked, prisoners of war, and victims services
- Sexual abuse within institutions- educational, religious, athletic, military, child welfare, health care, criminal justice organizations, family structures and dynamics of abuse.
- Psychotherapeutic and expressive arts approaches to healing
- Personal journeys of healing
- Managing substance abuse and self-medication
- Fatherhood as a healing experience, a challenge, and an opportunity for growth
- Partners of survivors
- Creative inclusion & support of partners