Job Opening: Mentor for Peer Supporters
Organization: Survivors of Abuse Recovering (S.O.A.R.)
Position: MENTOR for Peer Supporters Part-time Term 15 -20 hrs/wk Starting immediately to 31 March 2021 Salary: $30/hr.
Closing Date: September 2, 2020
S.O.A.R. is a community-based, volunteer run organization offering peer support services to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse. S.O.A.R. is currently seeking a part-time Mentor to provide mentorship to peer supporters and to develop and implement a mentorship program that will enhance the functioning of S.O.A.R. as a peer counselling organization. The successful candidate must maintain flexible hours, have a driver’s license and vehicle.
Role and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
➢ Create a program for mentorship to continue with existing volunteers
➢ Mentor and support new and existing peer supporters
➢ Report to Chairperson of Peer Services Committee
- Relevant post-secondary education, for example, counselling degree/diploma
- Demonstrated experience in peer support
- Demonstrated experience in trauma healing work
- Demonstrated experience in being self-directed, able to work independently
- Demonstrated competencies in knowledge of the needs of adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse, knowledge of peer supporting, accountability, cultural safety, communication, professional attitude, organizational skills, timeliness and problem solving.
Three references required